Mr. Mysto’s Hints and Tips
On this, ‘Hints and Tips’ page you will find little bits of information that will help your child’s party be a success. ‘Hints and Tips’ information based on my experience of 8001 children’s parties. These Hints and Tips are intended for your guidance, I hope you will find them useful.
1. Keep the numbers of guests in line with the amount of space available. Don’t invite 40 children if you have room for only 20. We can advise on how to measure how many will fit in the space you have available and we also have a list of many local halls if you need more room.
2. Keep present opening until after the party is over. Agree with your birthday person on where the presents will be placed – On a present table, in the present bag, etc.
3. Don’t put noisy whistles, etc. on the food table. Children cannot eat whilst blowing. It creates a lot of unnecessary noise and most important wastes time. You may have employed an entertainer to entertain the children. It is not necessary to help them fill the time. In any case I doubt you want an expensive entertainer standing around whilst the children waste time creating a lot of noice. Put the whistles in their party bags or better still don’t buy them.
4. Keep the food simple. Sandwiches on the whole are not popular, so please don’t make too many and certainly DON’T make any just in case they are hungry. You might consider a hot meal such as Fish Fingers, Chicken Nuggets, or Beef Burgers. Usually they are all are very popular with the children when accompanied by chips and tomato sauce. Please don’t allow any food, drink or sweets during any show you might be arranging, these are a distraction and may be dangerous with children choking on food while laughing.
5. Distractions distract, please try and clear party room of toys and other distractions. Don’t get into major removals; perhaps a sheet over the top of toys boxes will suffice. Loose balloons should not be allowed on the floor, as these are a major distraction and are dangerous if youngsters put bits of broken balloon in their mouth.
6. Try not to mix the age groups of the children too much. Younger siblings are important people but don’t invite more very young children to keep them company at the elder ones party. They may well join in, if not distracted by other very small toddlers.
7. It is quite unnecessary for mum to stay because her little one is a bit tearful on arrival. In my experience, within a very short while of mum going, a good entertainer can settle a tearful youngster down, however, if mum stays, then so does the problem. Try to reassure mum that everything will be all right. Take her phone number and tell her you will give her a call if her little one doesn’t settle down but it is very seldom necessary.
8. In my experience, it is only necessary to remind very young children up to 4 years old about the toilet. If the toilet is mentioned to older children alto-suggestion will have a queue outside the little room and none watching the show. A good entertainer will remind the little ones and is on the lookout for the signs and should take action where necessary.
You avoid many pitfalls when booking Mr. Mysto, but in any case these hints and tips will help you maximise the fun your children derive from your party.
Follow These Hints and Tips They Will Help Your Party Be The Success We Both Want For You.
A hard copy of ‘Hints and Tips’ is sent to every client you books Mr Mysto others may wish to bookmark this page and refer back to it as required.